Please join friends, activists, candidates, and elected officials at the Emma Prusch Park in San Jose for a day of fun and friendship. Food and drinks are provided! Hosted by the Santa Clara County Democratic Party and sponsored by the Silicon Valley Democratic Club. Saturday August 6, 10:00 am. Emma Prusch Park, San Jose.
Whats New Announcements
The Madge Overhouse Volunteer of the Year Award is given to a Santa Clara County Democrat who has demonstrated, at the local level, leadership in organizing key grassroots volunteer activities. To nominate somebody for this important award, click here.
For years, the annual Democratic Dinner has been referred to as the JJ Dinner. JJ is a reference to Presidents Jefferson and Jackson. It is time to modernize the dinner and come up with a new name. We are collecting ideas to rename the 2016 dinner, which will be held on May 6.
The dinner is our biggest event of the year and deserves a name that acknowledges our values and the creativity of Silicon Valley.
If you have suggestions for a name, please send it to email@example.com.
The Democrat who provides the winning suggestion will win a prize and be acknowledged for making the suggestion.
The Platform Committee of the California Democratic Party has finalized the first draft of the 2016 Platform. The draft is now available to view online on the Platform Standing Committee Webpage. To submit amendments to the draft, a delegate must submit a written amendment using the form at the webpage. The amendment must be received by the Sacramento CDP office no later than Jan 27. Amendments must be signed by 5 different members of the Democratic Central Committee or 5 registered Democrats from 5 different Assembly Districts and must include their addresses, phone numbers, and the Assembly District in which they reside.
The California Democratic Party is coming to San Jose. The CDP Convention will be at the San Jose Convention Center Feb. 26-28. Volunteers are needed. Be a part of the excitement. http://www.cadem.org/convention/volunteers
The California Democratic Party passed a series of important resolutions at the CDP Convention on Sunday, May 17.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Make California Work Better for Working Women
- Repealing California's Personal Belief Exemption to Mandatory Vaccinations
- Resolution on Fighting Inequality by Expanding Economic Opportunity
- Rebuild California by Making the Commercial Property Tax Code Fair
- Calling for the Republican Party to Stop Blocking Student Loan Debt Relief
- Resolution in Support of Divestment from Fossil Fuel Companies
- "I Can't Breathe" - Medical Aid and Transparency in Police Encounters
- California's Senior Bill of Rights
- Calling Upon the Republican Party to Address Climate Change Now
- Resolution in Opposition to Arctic Oil Drilling Permit
Read the resolutions here.
San Jose, CA
Due to inclement weather, our Holiday Party at the Democratic Party Headquarters, originally scheduled for Friday, Dec. 12, has been CANCELLED. Stay safe out there!
Look up your ballot and find out who the Democratic Party has endorsed for election. www.cadem.org/pollfinder